Old 04-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Mark

Default Determing bushy tomatoes

Hi

I've got a number of tomato plants growing (Sungold, Alicante and Garden
Pearl) but I have no idea which is which (I am the world's most
disorganised person). The Garden Pearls are a bush type and I believe
the other two are the non-bush (vine?) type.

When will this bushiness become apparent? So far the plants vary in
height between about 10" and 20" tall but all appear to look pretty
vine-y to me (they seem to be growing up and not out!). I've supported
the taller plants with canes.

Do any of these varieties have distinguishing features?

Should I be pinching out side shoots yet? What about side shoots on
bushy types?

Cheers,

Mark