Old 04-06-2004, 09:08 PM
tuin man

Default Poisoned Tree remains in compost heap?

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
om...
"tuin man" wrote in message

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
om...

[...]
What makes me uncomfortable -- unduly so, according to some here -- is
burying undecayed wood.

Ocassionally, the splinters of timber used to make the compost bins

snaps
off, or some bits of fencing wood has found its way into the heap.

Later, on
finding such things I note the do not really rot down, but boy oh boy,

the
worms sure do seem to find them attractive.

A piece of wood is likely to be the last thing in the heap to dry out,
and under it's a nice cool place to hide if you're a tasty worm.

Mike.

Naturally (-: In fact swarming all over it. Lovely little red worms
Not to bothered about them nasty chemicals then are they.
What I forgot to mention was more of a question;
Might this ever so special chemical that was applied, be nothing more than
some ammonia-sulphate placed into drilled out holes, or notches around the
cambium layer, for the sole purpose of impressing a customer, or an odd
treatment so that a tree, which is already dead, needs such treatment to
prevent the stump from re-sproughting??

Patrick