Old 05-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Dee Jay

Default Tomato Problem

Norma J. Briggs wrote:
The thinking in typically one inch of water a week. I know it can be
hard to know how much you have watered. It is better to water less
and more deeply because it encourages the roots to grow deeply. If
you water often the roots stay where the water is: shallow.

I typically take my shovel and find a place close to a plant and
without disturbing the roots of any plants put it about half a shovel
down, moving the dirt back enough so I can see/feel how much moisture
is in the ground. If only the top is layer is dry you don't need to
water.

Ahah, I *am* watering too much. Thank you for the info.