Old 05-06-2004, 01:04 AM
George E. Cawthon

Default For Drilling Holes In Tree Stumps

No chemical will desstroy the stump except maybe fuming sulfuric acid
which would turn it into charcoal. The chemicals put in stumps are
just nutrients to speed growth of decay organisms--primarily any
nitrate.

Ignoramus32760 wrote:

And what chemical would destroy the stump?

In article , Evan Mann wrote:
The stuff I got at home depot says to drill 1" wide, 12" deep, and then make
a sideways hole at a downward angle that joins the straight down hole in the
stump. I just drilled 3 or 4 straight down holes using a 1" wood spade bit,
about 8" deep. My tree stump was something hard, so I used a corded
milwaukee 1/2" drill. I started with my 18V Bosch, but I knew that would
die quickly because of the hardness of the stump

" wrote in message
om...
The idea is to drill holes and fill with a chemical to break down the
stumps.

Would a manual bit brace do the trick, or would you use a
battery-powered hand drill. What size? Length of bit, etc.? Thanks