Old 05-06-2004, 02:07 AM
someone

Default Crab Spiders

paghat wrote in message
news
They're so cute, these crab spiders.

snip

Lovely descriptions, you're planning to write a book, right?

I had a big yellow and black garden spider come in to me kitchen last
september. She set herself at the top of my window and laid a little nest
of eggs.

I thought she'd be gone in a few weeks, but no, she lasted until late March.
I fed her flies if I could find them (which was quite difficult in the
winter). As we have the kind of house that often has forgotten fruit around
it, there were fruit flies, and I could sometimes catch them with my
tweezers and insert them into her web (which she liked: she would snatch
them and eat them).

Anyway, she died about three weeks ago, but her little egg basket is still
there in my window, so I expect I'll have hundreds of little garden spiders
everywhere within a few weeks.

Bless her little cotton socks.

This is a true story.

s.