Old 05-06-2004, 03:02 AM
mbarbet

Default Pond plants that tolerate shade (was Pond snails)

Speaking of pond plants, does anyone know if there are any pond plants that
will do well in deep wood? Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA

"Susan H. Simko" wrote in message
jr lack wrote:
I have a lot of pond snails grown up. I'd like to trade some of them

for
some water plants/creatures if interested. Can sell some of them as

well.

I have no need for snails as I have quite a few in my garden pond
already. However I can offer some pond plants. It's that time of year
when they're going wild. I have miniature water hyacinths that I can
spare a few of and I can also offer some clippings of parrot's feather;
*maybe* some watercress or floating hearts. Reason I'm not sure of the
latter two is because I just thinned the watercress last weekend (gave a
bout 3/4 of what I had to my in-laws for their pond) and I haven't
really looked at the structure of the floating hearts since I put it in
the pond two months ago.

Anyone want any toad tadpoles? *grin* We've got a *bunch* in various
stage of development. I took pictures yesterday of the little toadlets
that have matured and left the pond (about the size of my fingernail on
my smallest finger) but haven't had a chance to post them to my webshots
site yet. The little buggers are hopping around the yard and we're
trying hard not to step on them. They're so cute!!!

Susan
shsimko[@]duke[.]edu