Old 05-06-2004, 05:05 AM
Tom L. La Bron

Default High dGH

Ciel,

I agree with Nedra, I would suspect your 1%
concentration of salt. If you intent to continue to
keep it in your pond you should work to get it to 0.01%
to 0.03%. Water hyacinth can be bothered by 1% salt,
especially since your GH is 22 degrees. Mine is
usually around 300ppm (16.7 dGH). You should also
check with your water department and see what are your
minerals causing your dGH.

The other thing that I would be concerned with is you
dKH for it is a little close the the low side of the
range. In my opinion it should be between 80ppm (4.5
dKH)and 120ppm (6.8 dKH). I try to keep mine in the
120ppm range.

HTH

Tom L.L.
ciel wrote:

Hi all

Newbie here please advise.!!

Pond is about 9 months old with a 55Gal Biofilter + (UV installed this week)
Plus a newly setup Veg filter 300gals
Plus 2 waterfalls (in and out of veggie filter) for oxygenation
2000 Gals in total

Water Temp 60 degrees (Noon today)
Amonia= 0
NO3= 0
NO2= 0
PH= 8.5
dKH= 4.5
dGH= 21.....................????!!!
Salinity= 1%

15 fish all under 9" mostly Koi

Water Hyacinths are browning and curling up at edges as is Water
Lettuce.....!
Although yesterday having read various postings on web I added 1 tablespoon
Potash

This dGH reading is worrying me ..what is it telling me?
Anyone have a solution please

Many Thanks

Regards
Chris