Old 05-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Andrew G

Default Grass probs

"MC" none wrote in message ...
Hi all,

SNIP

Any ideas on what I could do? Should I be watering the affected area
regularly? I don't water any of my lawn, and apart from affected area, in
general the lawn is lovely and green! (I am in inner-city Brisbane).

If the soil has a high clay structure you could try spreading gypsum, then
watering in, but I am not sure if that will harm the frangipani.
Don't put any more lawn clippings there if frangipan roots are showing. That
will possibly damage them.
As aerating the area could also damage the roots, I would suggest putting
down some top soil, (inch thick) and planting runners from the existing lawn
in it, then watering. Or even get the cheap lawn seed mix from kmart that
has a high ration of rygrass seed in it, as this is good for shaded summer
areas, but does need water.
Failing that, try some topsoil, then mulch an area around it.
Thanks in advance!
Mick