Old 05-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Sherman

Default Chipmonks - How to get rid of them?

"Don Kaminska" wrote in message
om...
"Jim Schott" wrote in message

My wife has a large flower garden (about 30' x 40') that chipmonks have
declared to be their home!
There are small tunnels that literally have spread all over the garden.

We
have tryed to block the tunnels; we've have used fork shovels and

"stabbed"
the dirt all along the tunnels; we've found their entrances and exits

and
filled them with "special" formulated food laced with chipmonk poison.

Nothing has worked. We're now worried that the colony may start eating
roots and underground bulbs. The only thing we know of, but not tryed,

is a
slow burning gas bomb that you put into a tunnel that shows a lot of
activity.

With all the gardeners and collective wisdom in this group, there must

be a
method that works -- even if it takes a lot of work. Please post any

words
of wisdom on how to rid the area of chipmonks. Thanks!

12 Guage!

Rotweiller!

Sherman