Old 05-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Brian

Default greenhouse position - spine on east-west line?

"Amber Ormerod" wrote in message

"Brian" wrote in message

The difference between the 'Norths' is relatively

unimportant.
Use a local map and use the North indicated. Just check for trees and
potential shade.
"Down hill"? With a glass greenhouse it is best to buid up the

foundations
so that all is level.

All shaded bits have been accounted for, I believe. Its just the

orientation
I am finalising now. I though the orientation effected the angel of light
during the winter or is that neither here nor there?

Yes, we are being 'built up'.

Have you a means of getting the rainwater inside?

??? sorry I don't get this bit.
I am not hooked up to mains or power atm in the greenhouse, neither have I
sorted out waterbutts. The drainage was so I could clean out and wouldn't
end up with puddles. Plus the hill will slope down into the doorway.

Have the structure well anchored onto the foundations or it could fly.

hopefully this is already sorted.

Hope all goes well. Brian.

thanks
amber
The rain water from the guttering can be directed to an internal sunken

butt~~ this gives watering at an inside temperature and avoids chlorine etc.
The orientation is important but the difference between the various
Norths is relatively minuscule~~ unless you are flying!!
Regards Brian