Old 05-06-2004, 02:11 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default waterbutt wildlife

The message
from martin contains these words:

Interesting!. Thank you for that. I can remember my Dad emptying the butt
because they gave him the abdabs. If I say Please!, will you tell me
what a
foobar is. I'd be obliged because I have an enquiring mind and if no
'answer', it stores it.
I spent my life in Comms, so if it is connected with Hi-fi, I've
missed out on it and the Dictionary is no help.
Please?!....?

Foobar in a Zetnet address triggers loopback - i.e. you (or better,
spammers) get a bounce. I believe this is a Usenet convention. How long
it will remain useful is a different matter, which is why Jaque
d'Alltrades (who only exists for Usenet purposes) found its way on the
front end.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/