Old 05-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Tom Randy

Default 1/4 Acre; I hate to mow it!

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 14:29:49 +0000, Vox Humana wrote:

My employer, [deep pockets] put in a meadow, and it looked nice as long
as they burned it every 3 years. Now it looks like sh!t. It woulda
been better if they just left it mowed fescue and bluegrass and weeds.

That's exactly my point. The OP who now has weeds, berries, brush, etc, will
most likely have the same thing in a few years if he goes the wildflower
route. The same thing will happen with a well planned perennial bed. You
start with a nice mix of plants. If you don't manage the bed, you end up
with the entire thing choked with one or two aggressive plants. Then nasty
weeds like thistles will get established, and in my area, maple and locust
saplings will appear.

Absolutely true. If I don't stay on top of my flower beds forget about it.
Weeds,maple saplings go WILD.

I agree, The wildflower route is not the way to go.

TOm