Old 05-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Craig Watts

Default yellow tomato leaves

The leaves started out a rich green; all but one one plant turned a little
yellow-lime color. Is it just a lack of minerals? All have been cared for
equally but only one is a dark healthy green. They are in pots. They were
planted about 4 weeks ago. Nothing but water and sun so far. Is it time for
Miracle Gro? Please help me save my plants.

I'm going thru the same this and it happened last year. I'm trying to
fix what I think is my problem and will let you decide if yours is the
same.

From the Rader's Digest Garden Problem Solver:

Lower leaves have brown spots that grow and continue up the vine
compromising the integrity of the plant.

Too wet and moist (NOT HERE!) leaves fall off.

Solution:

Early Blight is a fungal disease most active in warm moist weather. Do
not spray water. Bottom water.

Get a synthetic fungicide registered for tomatoes w/ active ingredient
MANEB or MANCOZEB.

Don't wet plants or work thru or walk thru plants.

We went to a Home Depot today and found a fungcide that did not
contain those ingredients. However, is was clasified as a tomatoe
solution. It was by Ortho "Garden Disease Control"

I'll let you know how it goes on this end.

Craig in NC