Old 06-06-2004, 12:07 AM
simy1

Default Concord not up yet

It is June and both my Concord grape stands ( 2 plants one, four
plants another, separated by 300 ft) have not leafed out yet. They
have few shoots and a few leaves that are brown, have many holes, and
have shrivelled. Now due to a series of circumstances I ended up
pruning them in early march, so they bled, and a hard frost in late
april killed whatever was coming up. But the kiwis got the same
treatment, bled much more, and are as rampant as ever. I inspected the
woods and saw less grapevines and some with similar symptoms. It has
to be a disease. Any idea? They have always been strong, healthy
plants.