Old 06-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Amy D

Default Spider Plant

Blues Ma wrote:
Amy D wrote:

Mine is loaded with babies, hangs in the sun with little water.

But I've never had luck with the babies.* Do you stick them in dirt or
water?

amy

Try keeping them on a sunny table or shelf and put each of the babies
on the surface of some sandy potting soil "without" disconnecting
from the mother plant until the runners have rooted.
Just ring the parent plant with cut off styro cups and then when it's
time to cut the cords, your plantlets will be in ready to go containers
for plant sales, gifts or growing till they're ready for a larger home.

Dorothy
*

Thanks!

amy

*

Cereus-validus wrote:

What do you mean babies?

The adventitious plantlets are produced on the flower stems. It the plant
isn't getting enough light to bloom, then you won't get plantlets. Do you
fertilize it? How often do you water?

"Jitty" wrote in message
news.com...

I have been growing my spider plant for the past year and it has done
great... My only problem is is that it will not seem to produce babies.
does anyone have any suggestions/ideas that might help?
--
Jitty

*
*