Old 06-06-2004, 01:07 AM
ta

Default Organic does not mean pesticide free...

rick etter wrote:
And that means also not cruelty-free. Just what I've been saying...

"...some organic pesticides have mammalian toxicities that are far
higher than many synthetic pesticides..."
http://www.cgfi.org/materials/key_pu...oxic_Tools.pdf

Wow, I can't *believe* CFGI, which is funded by the right-wing think tank
Hudson Institute, could possibly be promoting information that supports
their big agribusiness clients like Monsanto, ConAgra, and Archer Daniels
Midland, who have everything to lose by the success of organic farming.

But to be fair, I can't answer the specific charges as I'm not an expert, so
I'm expanding the thread to get a wider range of input.

p.s.

"The Hudson Institute's IRS Form 990 for the financial year ending on
September 30, 2001 showed total income of $7,818,439, most of which came in
large grants. Other known funders include:

Ag Processing Inc
American Cyanamid
Archer Daniels Midland
Cargill
Ciba-Geigy
ConAgra Foods
DowElanco
DuPont
Exxon Mobil
HJ Heinz
Lilly Endowment
McDonalds
Monsanto
National Agricultural Chemical Association
Novartis
Proctor & Gamble
Sunkist Growers
United Agri Products"