Old 06-06-2004, 01:13 AM
Douglas

Default Whitefly on tomatoes

"Douglas" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
Douglas wrote:
"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article nDgvc.9$yu2.3@newsfe3-gui, Sally
writes
Despite my using companion planting, my greenhouse tomatoes are
becoming infested with whitefly. Any recommendations of biological
control would be gratefully received.

Using copious numbers of tagettes kept whitefly at bay in our
greenhouse.

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

***********
Wot's an "urg", please?
Doug.
**********

uk.rec.gardening (newsgoup).

********
Many thanks!, - There are many big gaps in my knowledge of this 'ere

gizmo!
I am obliged to you.
BTW, I remember that tagetes (sp?), *was* known as a repellent, in
greenhouses.
Doug.
********

From Doug,
I used to be in charge of that big building at the top of Greaves hill on
the A6, the one with the towers and discs on the top - on the left going
south,on the corner of Palatine Avenue (road?) with the church on the
opposite corner and the School on the other corner on the same side. We
lived in a house in Gressingham Drive overlooking the beck. Turn left at
the Boot and Shoe - off the A6. We left after about two years and came back
to \Barrow.
The back garden soil wall at the back used to be solid black with hundreds
of massive black slugs and I tried all I knew but with no success.
Doug.
********

..