Old 06-06-2004, 02:09 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Rosa rugosa

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 15:24:03 +0100, Bella wrote:

A friend is about to move into a house with an open plan front lawn. She is
not allowed to erect a fence around the lawn border, but can use lowish
hedging. We would like to use prickly rosa rugosas and a complimentary plant
to mix in, also with prickles. Any suggestions for the variety of rugosa and
the complimentary plant would be most welcome.

Rosa rugosa is not a "lowish hedging".

What I wonder about is why your friend moved into a place with a
no-fence rule, presumably well aware of it, and then immediately
sets to work to circumvent it? It's like someone buying property
next to a farm for the amenity value (oooh, see the cowsies!) and
then whining about the smell of manure.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada