Old 06-06-2004, 06:02 AM
Amy D

Default Spider Plant

Cereus-validus wrote:
Not babies. They are called plantlets.

Maybe the reason you never had luck propagating them is because you are
babying them.

Wait until the plantlets have produced aerial roots then you can put them in
water or moist soil. If you put them directly in soil, treat them like
seedlings so that the roots can become established.

The couple of them I tried had little roots and I stuck them in soil. I
might not have kept them watered enough. I haven't attempted
again....but several people have told me they will drop off and land in
the flowerbed below and begin taking over. They haven't yet......

amy

"Amy D" wrote in message

Mine is loaded with babies, hangs in the sun with little water.

But I've never had luck with the babies. Do you stick them in dirt or
water?

amy

Cereus-validus wrote:

What do you mean babies?

The adventitious plantlets are produced on the flower stems. It the

plant

isn't getting enough light to bloom, then you won't get plantlets. Do

you

fertilize it? How often do you water?

"Jitty" wrote in message
news.com...

I have been growing my spider plant for the past year and it has done
great... My only problem is is that it will not seem to produce babies.
does anyone have any suggestions/ideas that might help?
--
Jitty