Old 06-06-2004, 07:02 AM
Buzzy

Default Spider Plant

Phisherman wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 21:55:52 GMT, Jitty
wrote:

I have been growing my spider plant for the past year and it has done
great... My only problem is is that it will not seem to produce babies.

They produce runners when pot bound. Have patience.

I have made what I call 'spider bags' before which are cloth squares
filled with seed starting medium which are loosely tied around the base
of each plantlet. To moisten, I dunked each bag in water and gently
squeezed out the excess and in no time, roots had developed inside the
bag. I would detach the plantlet from the host, open the bags slowly and
placed them in potting soil. Worked like a charm and it was funny
looking at this spider plant with these 'bags' hanging on it. I was able
to get quite a few new plants from the host plant too!

Buzzy