Old 06-06-2004, 07:03 AM
Rodney Pont

Default advice

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 17:49:07 GMT, wrote:

" I've heard that a heron decoy will keep other herons away for a while,

nope. Ingrid

It did here for a couple of days :-) You have to keep moving it but
eventually the real Heron realises.

Last year the pond was netted and we did get occasional damage to it
where the Heron visited. It seems to have learnt though and hasn't
visited this year, just flies over and away without pausing, we see up
to four going over a day.

As for the posts about their patience... A couple of years ago the
grass field next to us flooded and four Herons spent about ten days
waiting for fish to evolve.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont