Old 08-06-2004, 03:27 PM
The Watcher

Default For Drilling Holes In Tree Stumps

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 12:01:37 -0000, (Bill Oliver) wrote:

In article ,
The Watcher wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 07:26:19 -0700, davefr wrote:

"Pump diesel into the soil"???

No, you fill the holes you drilled in the stump with the diesel. It'll
saturate the stump and then burn. Get it??

Ah, so you're sure that none of that diesel will go into the soil? I wouldn't
bet on that happening. Get it?
Diesel isn't one of the things I like pumping into the ground.

Your problem may be that you are drilling holes into the ground,
rather than into the stump. Try drilling into the stump. That
way you won't "pump" diesel into the ground.

If you think ANY stump is watertight you might want to try drilling into a few
of them. I wouldn't bet on any stump containing anything completely. Yes, you
would be pumping it into the stump, but it will be escaping from the stump into
the ground. Stumps interact with the soil around them. That's their purpose. If
they were liquid-tight they wouldn't do much good for the trees, would they?