Old 08-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Blues Ma

Default coffee grounds/tomatoes

Bill wrote:

nina wrote:

Or the withdrawal headaches would leave them in too much pain to eat the
plants.

Anything is worth a try. I normally get the tiny brown / grey slugs of about
1/2 inch in length. Yesterday, while putting some aged compost through a
hardware cloth screen I encountered a ferocious two inch long orange
monster with 4 horns and big teeth!

Well, okay ... I didn't actually see the teeth but the rest was definitely
there. Right up until I cut his head off with a pocket knife. Then he was a
more manageable and docile 1 1/2 inches.

Bill

Doesn't dusting with diatomaceous earth help discourage your slugs ?
I've found that putting it on the soil around their favorite snack plants really

turns 'em off.

Dorothy
*
*