Old 08-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Ray

Default Paph. expert

Sorry but they're not the same genus, either. Paphiopedilum, phragmipedium, xerophyticum (if you
consider it separate from phrags), and cypripedium are all genera within the family orchidaceae and
subfamily cypripedioideae.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Dicky" wrote in message ...
Yes, you are right. Actually, Phrag cannot hv cross with Paph. but they are
in a same genus: Cyprededilum. In my opinion, hybrid usually is not the most
expensive.

Good luck.
"J Fortuna" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
Dicky,
I am not a Paph expert, but ... I've heard that Paphs and Phrags are two
separate unrelated genera, and one cannot even cross them to make
intergeneric hybrids with them. Unfortunately they look so similar that I
cannot tell them apart without looking at the tags, but my understanding

is
that Paph experts don't have that problem.
Joanna

"Dicky" wrote in message
It is hard to say which paph is the most expensive and the cost of it.

Some
species maybe very expensive but some maybe very cheap. Its cost relates

what country and what Orchid garden. However, i can only tell you that
usually rare species are expensive for example Paph druryi,

Paph.randsii,
,
Paph. sanderianum and some alba paph. The most difficult Paph that i

think
is Phrag. (it is a type of paph, the whole name is Phragmipedilum).
"Tony" ...
Which Paph. is the most expensive paph. in the world ? Where and how
much ? A photo will be great.

Thank you for any inputs.