Old 08-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Anne Lurie

Default new Harry Potter film

I've not yet seen the latest HP movie, but this may be in keeping with the
author's feeling that things were going to be "darker" in the series
(although I thought she meant in HP 4, with the first death of a character).

I do confess, though, that I was dismayed to read somewhere that the author
"does not know if Harry will live to be an adult."

As for the other movies (further down in this thread), hubby & I were
charmed by Shrek on DVD, and exclaimed that it was so great to see a movie
that we could enjoy with our granddaughter! Neither of us ever having read
LOTR, we managed only about 10 minutes of the first (DVD) movie before we
gave up.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

wrote in message
I hated it. it is a dark and grubby movie with dark and grubby

"realistic" sets.
the director stripped nearly all the magic out of the film ... and

stripped out all
the fun and warmth. yech.... Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/