Old 08-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Ka30P

Default Missing fish in pond

Lori wrote We haven't seen a snapping turtle.

They can be hard to spot. After many years of answering questions on rec.ponds
about snapping turtles I've had folks swear there wasn't one in their ponds...
until they drain the pond and they find the snapper. Of course these are
smaller ornamental ponds and fairly easy to drain. One thing they had in common
was finding lily pads that had been snapped off at the base, so they were
floating on the surface trailing their long stem behind them.
Of course there can be many other reasons, did not see the beginning of this
thread. Good idea
to get your water tested.
Good luck!

kathy :-)