Old 08-06-2004, 08:34 PM
nswong

Default 1/4 Acre; I hate to mow it!

Hi,

"Tom Randy" wrote in message
news
That's exactly my point. The OP who now has weeds, berries, brush,

etc, will
most likely have the same thing in a few years if he goes the

wildflower
route. The same thing will happen with a well planned perennial

bed. You
start with a nice mix of plants. If you don't manage the bed, you

end up
with the entire thing choked with one or two aggressive plants.

Then nasty
weeds like thistles will get established, and in my area, maple

and locust
saplings will appear.

Absolutely true. If I don't stay on top of my flower beds forget

about it.
Weeds,maple saplings go WILD.

I agree, The wildflower route is not the way to go.

I will suggested planting groundcover instead, once established, it
never needs mowing.

I use Perennial Peanut to substitute lawn.

Carpet Daisy(Wedelia trilobata) are invasive, but good for the border
of land to compete with those aggrasive weeds.

Mexican heather(Cuphea hyssopifolia) are good for marking the border.

Regards,
Wong

--
Latitude: 06.10N Longitude: 102.17E Altitude: 5m