Old 09-06-2004, 06:36 AM
belly

Default Replace the apple with a banana

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 13:52:13 -0700 in
fc.003d094101c889133b9aca002c5ad7bf.1c88970@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) graced the world with this thought:

writes:

ah, thank you... then, of course, the logical question would be why he
felt the need to block it out....
other than to be annoying, that is... or do you suppose he actually
lives his life that way?

Actually, some readers come with blocks to disallow certain words (or what
they read as certain words!). Irony is that they work in rather absurd
ways. For instance, when I was talking about screwing standards into the
wall in a chat room one night, it would allow the word "screw" but not
"screwing." In that case, the entire word was replaced with asterisks on
everyone's screen; they had to ask be what I was saying so had to phrase
it a bit differently. Go figure.

Great, parental controls by force... lol

My email program will not allow me to send email to a city employee who
has the last name of "Cummins." I have to send the email to a third
person and ask them to forward the contents to her. What a pain in the
order of things!!! The same program, however, allows her address to be
received. Geez.

This may possibly be the program of the receiver, not yours. I've got
a friend whose business blocks out the damnedest subject lines, but
lets others through with no problem. What really sucks is they send
you a bounce message, and don't tell you what message bounced, or why,
so if you sent four or five messages, it's a matter of best guess as
to which one he didn't get, based on the times of messages you sent
and the time of the bounce message. Real good IT department there.

I suspect this could be the case (the program) in this instance . . . or
it could be a joke. g (However, the word "potassium" came through which
leads one to lean toward the joke issue.)

Glenna

He posted using AOL, I kind of doubt that's the case, particularly, as
you point out, potassium came through just fine. Of course, if he's
posting while using parental controls.... who knows...