Old 09-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Nicole Thompson

Default Trumpet Vine Problem

Good to know I'm not alone, but this stuff is frustrating - I get some to
turn brown and "die", but then MORE appear everyday....... It's very
discouraging...... And it amazes me retail centers still sell the stuff! It
ought to come w/a warning label or something! (I wasn't the one who planted
it btw - we "inherited" the problem when we bought the house in December
2002.....)

Thanks for your input and your words of encouragement - if it takes 5 years,
so be it - as long as it eventually ALL dies and is GONE......

Nicole

"Ol' Duffer" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
We have remnants of trumpet vine running rampant in our gardens/yard.
Anyone have good suggestions for eliminating this stuff?
I've been using Round-Up on the little ones we find, but it actually

takes
several applications to kill it - and we're not convinced the brown ones

are
dead-dead, but they're still very difficult to pull out of the ground.
This stuff is EVERYWHERE and it's impossible to just pull it out......

The little sprouts are hard to pull because they are attached
to a big root system. Keep digging, poisoning, and mowing them
off until the roots give up. A vigorous specimen might take in
the neighborhood of 5 years to eliminate. The problem is not
unique - I am preparing to renew my ongoing campaign against a
bittersweet vine....