Old 09-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Phisherman

Default Lady bugs & Chamomile

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 13:40:20 -0600, Grandpa jsdebooATcomcast.net
wrote:

I don't know if Chamomile and Lady bugs have an affliction for each
other, if my chamomile has a ton of others bugs in it the lady bugs like
and that I can't see, or if I'm just lucky but on the one large 3'+ tall
clump (1'x2') of chamomile I have amongst our other flowers etc I can
easily count 25 of them at a quick glance. The Chamomile is quite
healthy FWIW and loaded with bright yellow flowers. They've not
migrated to the bachelor buttons, roses or other nearby herbs & flowers,
just the Chamomile.

Grandpa, zone 7 (Albuquerque)

I planted Chamomile about two months ago (also Zone 7). The plant has
tripled in size, growing fast and just beginning to flower. It gets
about 6 hours of sun. I haven't noticed any ladybugs on it, although
there are plenty on the Rose of Sharon, 5 yards away. Mine is growing
next to established thyme, oregano, rue, a 70-foot sweet gum tree
trunk, and rug juniper (which I keep trimmed back). Perhaps there
might be aphids on your Chamomile. I'm new to this plant, and the
fragrance is very appealing to me.