Old 09-06-2004, 11:18 AM
Frogleg

Default A Screening of Greening...

On 6 Jun 2004 18:11:51 GMT, (E. Graeme
Smith) wrote:

The solution I have come up with is to put up lattice and choose a plant
or plants to grow on it. The question for me is what type(s) would be
best? I would like to have something that grows quickly, that is low
maintainance, and will grow a fruit or vegetable, if possible. The main
priority is protection from the sun during the summer months.

Pole beans of some sort come to mind. Scarlet runner beans and purple
hyacinth beans are both fast-growing and edible. There are many vine-y
weeds that grow very quickly, and if containerized, wouldn't be a
garden nuisance.

A roof-garden sounds terrific. Here's a link you might enjoy:

http://members.rott.chello.nl/ldejag...ex.welcome.htm