Old 09-06-2004, 01:10 PM

Default A Screening of Greening...

fast growing, good coverage, brilliant red in fall, drops leaves, vermin proof =
Virginia creeper. I just love Virginia creeper.
http://puregold.aquaria.net/landscape/sit/sit.htm scroll to Late May 2004. I am
letting it take over my little sitting area.
second best is concord grapes. some animals will eat them, some not. but frankly
the best grapes come from well pruned vines. OTOH, I grow mine in the "curtain" form
which is a standard straight up, then arms out to the side and let the vines hang
down from the arms. Ingrid

(E. Graeme Smith) wrote:
The exposure is southwest and receives a lot of daylight from early morning
until late in the day.
The screening of greening is needed to reduce exposure from the sun into
my bedroom almost all day
The solution I have come up with is to put up lattice and choose a plant
or plants to grow on it. The question for me is what type(s) would be
best? I would like to have something that grows quickly, that is low
maintainance, and will grow a fruit or vegetable, if possible. The main
priority is protection from the sun during the summer months.

Because the space is elevated, it is well travelled by squirls and
racoons, so they are also to be considered when choosing plants.
I live in Ottawa, Ontario and don't know what "zone" I am in.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.