Old 09-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Amy D

Default Black Snake in Basement

Ka30P wrote:

When I saw what looked like a young rattlesnake slither into my downstairs
familyroom, in a house with three young children, I called animal control,
after I threw a full basket of laundry at it, and they said, 'good luck'. I
called the police, they said, 'good luck'.

I called my neighbor, she said, 'OH, MY GAWD!'
I felt better.
I sent the children to my neighbor and she sent her husband to the house armed
with a golf club.
We searched the laundry, we searched the familyroom. The snake was nowhere to
be found.

I called my husband home from work, he up ended every piece of furniture, moved
bookshelves, duct taped doors closed, went through every toy bucket. No snake.

Sent the family beagle into the room, she sniffed, ate up stray animal
crackers, chewed a sock. No snake.

I called a snake fancier's club in town. They suggested a damp piece of burlap
on the floor during the night and then approach with caution the next morning.
No snake.

I went to the pet store, bought a sacrificial gerbil, put it in a glass
aquarium, trained the video camera on it, filmed the poor thing all night. No
snake. Gave the gerbil to the kid down the street.

Where the dang thing went we've never found out, no snake, no shed snake skin,
no dried up snake corpse. The children are all teenagers now and one of them
has his punk rock band practice in that familyroom. I think I can safely
declare that the snake is gone.

Good luck!

kathy :-)

LMAO--that is too funny!! as long as it isn't my house! LOL

amy