Old 09-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Black Snake in Basement

Peter said:

Don't want to hurt him, just want him out of the basement. No problem with
picking him up and relocating him, just gotta find him first.

But, I can't locate the snake in the basement and before tearing everything apart
(lot's of everything in this basement), is there a simple method for dislodging the
snake, without permanently injuring it ?? i.e. would spraying disinfectant under
the shelving units and behind the boards make this snake decide to move and be
located?? Are they sensitive to vibration ( I can turn on a sound system).

When we had a snake get loose in the house, we eventually found it in the base
of the water heater (the warmest place it could find). It took just a little man-handling
to get him out from under there.

If your basement is typically cool, then look in the warmest spot. Or, maybe lure
it out by creating a basking spot.

(attributed to Don Marti)