Old 09-06-2004, 02:31 PM
David Ross

Default roses

Ferishta Lmar wrote:

How can I look after cut rosess?

When you cut the roses, immediately take them into your kitchen (or
other place with a sink). Fill the sink with about 2-3 inches of
cold water. Holding the cut end of the stem under water, cut again
to remove about an inch; cut at at angle. Hold the newly cut stem
under water for about 30 seconds.

Remove any leaves from the stem that will be in the water in your
vase. The vase should be at least half full of water. Daily (or
at least every other day), change the water in the vase and repeat
the underwater cutting, removing another 0.5 inch of stem.

Note that some roses will last a very long time as cut flowers.
'Honor' is a white that holds its petals forever. Other roses are
not very good as cut flowers.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/