Old 09-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Bad Bob

Default Mosquito Traps-Do they work?

I bought a mosquito "inhibitor" from Ace hardware this year for a
little over $25.00. It works in a 10X10 ft area if the wind isn't
blowing. I set it about 5-6 ft upwind of my wife and I on the front
porch if there is a breeze and I haven't seen but two or three of the
buggers since.
The replaceable cartridges are $10.00 for two and last two weeks each.
The way these work is they mask your scent from the mosquito. There is
a small fan and a lite that are charged with a solar cell. I am well
pleased with the performance and saved a bunch over a mosquito trap,
($300+). I am planning to buy a second one for my shop in the garage.

Bad Bob

"Cook him till he's blue,
and smother him in onions."