Old 09-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Bad Bob

Default Black Snake in Basement

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:37:38 -0400, Peter wrote:

So far no sign of the snake. I placed a container with a heating pad inside and
adjusted the temperature to cozy warm.

Interesting development..... on one of my trips to the basement, a mousetrap
caught a mouse ( field mice have been getting into the basement). And the
mousetrap was somehow knocked off the basement sill and landed several feet
away on the floor. Now I thought
that mousetraps killed mice instantly but evidentally that is not the case, as the mouse
was still alive in the trap....and was able to be removed and placed in a container where
he was busy cleaning himself up.

I'm not superstitious or spooky or anything.... but that mouse is an unbelievable
co-incidence.. The snake hunt begins late this afternoon......

A black snake is the best rodent eliminator you will ever have. Forget
the snake hunt and leave him alone he is harmless. I had an
infestation of rats in my foundation plantings at a house I used to
own, and poison nor drowning their holes with the garden hose would
get rid of them. I told my cousin about my problem one day and he
jumped in his truck and said I'll be right back. I thought he was
either out of beer or had a hot date... but he came back with a six
foot long black snake about an hour later and stuck its head in a rat
hole... never saw another rat or the snake ever again.
I also remembered my dad put one it the barn feed bin once too for the
same reason.

Bad Bob

"Cook him till he's blue,
and smother him in onions."