Old 09-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Mike LaMana

Default acid fertilizer

Dose your usual 20-20-20 with white vinegar or citric acid from the
pharmacy.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

"JMagerl" wrote in message
My well water has a PH of 8. I find that over time my house plant soil

gets
more and more alkaline from watering. When I fertlize, I prefer to use an
acid fertilizer to compensate for the alkaline well water. but....

The only acid fertilizer I can find is Miracid with an NPK of 30-10-10. I
prefer a more balance NPK of 20-20-20. Does anybody make a 20-20-20 acid
water soluble fertilizer? I'll settle for anything that doesn't have that
big dose of nitrogen.

I have a bunch of Citrus in pots and the Alkaline soil shows up as yellow
leaves.