Old 09-06-2004, 02:54 PM
GoldLexus

Default Barley balls....

We use Barley bails all the time. Works great. One bail (there small) last
for about 3 months. Our pond stays clear. Barley bails can be found and pond
specialty stores (expensive) or at Feed stores (much cheaper).
Just put the barley in a nylon, netting or some kind of container with
holes. It takes a few weeks for the barley to do it's job. It needs to
decompose to be effective.

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Ok, these clear up ponds.. has anyone just tried barley, like from the
grocery store? Maybe in a punctured tupperware container or such?

Since our pond here's turning green, I'm starting to look for solutions.
Locally, when I mention barley balls and such, the people in the stores

look
at me like I have 2 heads...

--
Gareee©