Old 09-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Mark Bannister

Default Testing the waters -- new pond or three in my future

FYI: there are varieties of bamboo called "clumping" that do not spread.
The only way I now of to get rid of bamboo involves a shovel and lots of
sweat.

Gareee© wrote:
"RainLover" wrote in message

How large of a filter system will I need? (currently it's in direct sun,

but

I'm planning on a hill around part of the pond and bamboo plantings as

well.)

Isolate the Bamboo somehow, otherwise it'll just take over everything. It's
roots go down almost 2 feet, and it can actually also grow almost 2 feet a
day, in the right weather conditions.

We're looking at trying to remove a bamboo grove that is on our new property
here. We cut about a 5 ft by 20-30 ft swath out last fall, and it's mostly
already grown back, with 12 foot tall shoots.

That's actually on my schedule today.. web search for bamboo removal, and
see what is recommended...