Old 09-06-2004, 03:14 PM
dkat

Default OT new Harry Potter film

The problem is that we now live in a world that feels as if those you
parodied will soon be the people who control all. They currently control
many school boards which is why schools are teaching the bible as science
and banning the teaching of evolution. They are President Bush's base which
he caters to and they seem to gain more power each election. It is no
longer easy to tell when someone is funning because the fundamentalist
culture believes what you said in your original post. We are not talking
the fringe edge that keeps to itself anymore. Science and medicine is now
being dictated to by religious extremist. So yes, sadly, you really do have
to put a smiley face on what was not too long ago considered way to crazy to
be anything other than a joke.

"Evil Noodle" wrote in message

"axeman chris" wrote in message

"Evil Noodle" wrote in message

wrote in message
I hated it. it is a dark and grubby movie with dark and grubby
"realistic" sets.
the director stripped nearly all the magic out of the film ... and
stripped
out all the fun and warmth. yech.... Ingrid

Harry Potter is the work of the Devil and should be shunned for the
deviant filth it is.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1199/potter.html

Perhaps a troll, but the web site is hilarious!

Jacqui

No troll intended, just a sense of humour some didn't appreciate and
I guess I should have included a smiley

The Landover Baptist site has a wealth of good stuff unless you happen
to be a Christian fundamentalist, did you check out the children's books?