Old 09-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Evil Noodle

Default OT new Harry Potter film

"dkat" wrote in message
t...
The problem is that we now live in a world that feels as if those you
parodied will soon be the people who control all. They currently control
many school boards which is why schools are teaching the bible as
science and banning the teaching of evolution. They are President Bush's

base which he caters to and they seem to gain more power each election.

Quite true, I believe I read a while back that administration officials were
holding regular meetings with these religious zealots, though the details
escape me.

It is no longer easy to tell when someone is funning because the
fundamentalist culture believes what you said in your original post.
We are not talking the fringe edge that keeps to itself anymore.Science
and medicine is now being dictated to by religious extremist. So yes,
sadly, you really do have to put a smiley face on what was not too long
ago considered way to crazy to be anything other than a joke.

My bad then, being British I'm far removed from the immediacy of such
extremist views and within an all British group I doubt that anyone would
have taken me at all seriously.

snip