Old 09-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Lee B.

Default Do you know the percent of water change?

One of the things that I've learned on my journey to proper koi keeping is
that conditions vary *wildly* from place to place within the U.S., let alone
the rest of the world. Your recommendation - which obviously works well for
you in your part of the world - would be condemning my fish (in MY part of
the world) to certain death in very short order. Kick back, relax and thank
your deity of choice for living in such a fortunate location.

Lee

wrote in message ...
Eyeball it..LOL Nothing scientific about it. I have never checked water

PH
etc in over 10 years. It is an outdoor pond . Its conditions are

dependent
on how much rain or lack of rain we get. If we get plenty of rain ..that

in
itself changes the water in the pond. If it is a dry spell in the Summer

might do a 1/3 water change every other week. I am not going to drive
myself nuts trying to keep the water conditions at a perfect level. My 10
year old Koi are proof that you don't have to go overboard and make allot

of
work for yourself with keeping a healthy pond. It is much better to have
fish that are adaptable to varying conditions, outdoor koi and goldfish

are
those types of creatures. Very adaptable. IMHO and experience. MIKE