Old 09-06-2004, 03:16 PM

Default aeration

my foot long airstone is right under the waterfall, I have it hanging length ways
(horizontal) so it foams the water as it spills over from the veggie filter.
actually I could put the air stone into the veggie filter too.
my water lilies are 2-3' away and not disturbed at all. the area where I sit and
watch my fish is glass smooth... well except when the buggers see me they go nuts
splashing me for food.
there is tremendous efficiency in airstones ..
Ingrid

Sean Dinh wrote:
I hate to see any water feature with a venturi or an airstone. They're so
unnatural. The parts I hate the most about them are that they disturb the water
surface and create extreme light ray distortion, making viewing the content of
the body of water highly distractive. There is little efficiency in oxygenating
the water through airstone. The venturi adds little more to that.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.