Old 09-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Ka30P

Default OT new Harry Potter film

I will dip my tippy toe into this discussion, as this issue is near and dear to
my heart and paycheck.
In our state we passed an intiative to reduce class sizes and increase teacher
pay. The governor suspended this action as we just don't have enough money. (We
do have money to spend millions and millions on high stakes testing, which is
highly suspect that this is a good thing, but that is a whole 'nother issue.)
BUT... the legislature just passed the authorization to take state funds, that
are apparently very dear, and establish charter schools. Now another group of
citizens has started a petition drive to put an intiative on the ballot to
outlaw charter schools... it is two steps forward, six steps to one side, three
steps back, bow to your partner....

kathy :-)