Old 09-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Janet

Default OT new Harry Potter film

--

"axeman chris" wrote in message

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

wrote in message
snip
How in the world it has come to the point that my taxes now pay for

somebody else to
send their kids to religious or private schools I will never

understand.
Or how my
tax dollars go for buses and materials for religious schools.

arrrgggghhhhh.
snip

Ingrid this is something I grumble about often.

BV.

In Ontario we had a very short lived tax credit that allowed parents to

send
their kids to religious and/or private schools and receive gov't money to

do
this. It took $ directly out of the public system. Thankfully our new
provincial government got rid of that in a hurry. Public school funding

is
in enough trouble without that sort of nonsense.

Jacqui

But one must also go on to say that here in Ontario we also have publically
funded religious education Jacqui.... That would be our seperate school
boards ( read Catholic School Boards for our Ameri-friends)! It's guaranteed
constitutionally under the British North American Act as well as the Tache
Act.

Janet in Niagara Falls, a proud Mom to 3 students in the seperate board. )