Old 09-06-2004, 03:19 PM
len gardener

Default Organic does not mean pesticide free...

g'day pete,

yeh we still here, just about to give up on the alt.pc news group it
looked almost dead of late, not like those good ole days a few years
back.

the willy is a great bug eater, legend is that he is supposed to be
bad luck in your garden, ah but who cares them and their close cousins
the fly catcher (we have), and babbler, yellow rumped thornbills,
piplets etc.,. etc.,. the bugs have a hard time.

we have that snail the little cigar shaped one gets to around oh i
dunno 1/2" peky little ting if we don't keep on top of them they even
eat the yellow part of the skin on the lemonade fruit. no never been
in a butterfly house but i can well imagine what you mean, we're even
encouraging the owls to come back seems if a care to look outside
after dark there is usualy one flying around or sitting on one of our
poles, so things are looking realy rosy.

we've planted a lot of trees over the last 12 months 300+ so this
place should look a treat in a couple of years when they all reach a
visible height, we have managed to control the blady grass and now
ahve vwery little of it, a wide variety of pasture grasses exotics and
natives ranging from calf height to head height some almost to 2
meters. be good to win lotto ad get some calves on here for fattening
they would love it.

as me signature line says hey pete? "you gotta do what you gotta do"
hey, if you need to use a quick fix then that's it just that it is
done with all eyes open. our food orchids are doing well heaps of
manda's and lemonade fruits this year, the top tropical orchard has
lots of holes to fill losses due to the place being so dry and we
being too impatient. but the trees that are up there are having a
minimising efect on the frosts and we can actualy sit under the shade
of a young tree that we planted something that wasn't there before.

currently we are gathering different varieties of bunching and those
type onions and leeks so we can keep ourselves supplied in some sort
for the table at all times. i'm also cheif garlic grower for ted and
us.

ted's doing well he is starting to see some fruits for his efforts
vege garden wise this is the common scenerio when we take on degraded
land hey.

anyhow you take care i'm ready for a chat anytime all the time.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening