Old 09-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Katra

Default FREE - grazing for goats on 25 fenced acres - N of Austin

In article ,
Mapanari wrote:

Katra you slobbered and sobbed on
:

You have a point...but what 3rd world ******** dweller ever thinks "I
have too many goats!"?

snort No kidding... but what do 3rd world morons have to do with the
more educated goat herders here in Texas???

Sorry, but when I see a mobil home, goats, a broken down car in the gravel
yard, a tire swing filled with stagnant water and scum on top with number 8
graded shrimp sized mosquito larvae in it, a creaking windmill missing 4 out
of 9 blades and a backyard full of rusting oil field equipment, I'm not
thinking "Wow! Honey? Lets stop in here! Someone inside must be able to
answer our question about if neutrinos are separtated from the atom in a
supernova, and fail to condense into a neutron star, and they don't fall into
a gravity well in a galaxy, where do they go?"
"Honey, they own goats! They must know the answer!"

That's not what I'm talking about...

And you damned well know it. ;-)

Also, a very few goats left indefinetly in one area will destroy it.

We take drives thru the farming areas here in Texas all the time and see
dozens of goat herds, and I have yet to see deplented land. ;-)

I really hate deplented land. I hate to see depleated land even worse. Uh,
what IS deplented land anyway?

That's pretty lame luv.
Picking on a typo.

And it's even more lame that you mis-spelled it! rofl

I've raised goats. I have yet to have them destroy anything.

Say, about those free neutrinos....

snicker

What about the white tailed goats that frequent this entire area???
They are no better than goats, and the hill country looks just fine to
me.

The eco system has changed dramatically in the hill country since goats, deer
and over grazing has destroyed most of it. Look at pictures of the Hill
country when the settlers first came here. I was a lot more lush, more water
and streams and trees and grass, not cedar, cactus etc.

That is MORE likely due to the overpopulation of HUMANS!
We took all the water. Duh.

Okay, I'll grant you that. G
My Nubian was a bit much! So we switched to Saanans. They were quieter.

So, I have to picture this, do you dress up in your Annie Oakly outfit, you
know, the red plaid one with curled up felt red cowboy hate with white piping
and rope goats on the weekends for fun?
Yee ha! Get along little kiddies, it's my misfortune....

I no longer have goats.
What I have now is more environmentally freindly, and I highly recommend
them:

http://home.centurytel.net/Katraslink/KathyApollo2.jpg

I've yet to see that problem in the hill country. Anywhere except in
small crowded pens.

Ecological disasters take many years to manifest most times.
I worked in the 70's with a eco group to bring back SF bay back to it's
former self and after 30 years, a few fish and a few birds are coming back.

Again, it is more likely due to the humans, not the deer or goats.

Take a look at the infamous Weyehauser clear cut on the hillsides on I45
coming into Redmond and Seattle from the east and see that the clear cut and
the devestation looks the same as it did 25 years ago when they cut it. "oh,
it's grow back, it's ok, trust us." WHich is why the big timber companies
have sold all their land anywhere near big roads and freeways because of the
old adage "what the public doesn't see, they don't care about" and they go
clear cut merily up in the Cascades and in national forests and Canada and
Florida, Georgia and East Texas.

Take a look at the clear cutting in the national forests in Oregon. :-(
It ****ing sux and those people that do this should be executed!

Lets hear is for bringing back mountain lions in Austin~! Get rid of
those damn cats running around, stupid and slow children and goats and
deer!

Hey! Leave the cats out of this!!!!! :-o

Well, if we had our choice, but I'd still like to see a big mountain lion
have a nice trifecta day.

munch munch, purrrrrrrrr.......

Wouldn't that be liberally politically correct? The "natural" way of
mother Gaia?

Yah, ok... Mounain lions also eat baby humans.

Goats are edible. I controlled the population of my goats by barbecuing
them. G Yum!!!!!!

K.

Don't get me wrong, goat meat is some of the best meat out there except when
meskins start cooking it.
Cabrito bagged up overnight with some red wine, course pepper, mashed papaya
(for tenderizing and flavor) a dash of cinamon, a dash of celery salt, a
handful of crushed red peppars and some fresh Thyme, then left out for about
4 hours on the counter to get nice and warm, then sprayed with olive oil and
put on a slow cooking white coaled barbie, yummmmmm... This works real well
for yearling deer too.

Serve sprinkled with malt vineger, salt and more pepper.

Sounds wunderful. ;-)
I'm sure I can use it for emu as well, but NOT the one
in the picture!!!!!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...