Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Rikko

Default CO2 into FILTER INTAKE!!????

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 15:17:15 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

"Giancarlo Podio" wrote in message
om...
It's quite a normal practice, far more efficient than using diffusers
and less of an eye sore than powered reactors. The only "danger" I'm
aware of is with some canisters that don't burp out air or gas too
well and have the potential of air-locking. My eheims have never
air-locked but my older fluval did a couple times.

I talked to a Hagen tech support person once; he said Hagen does not
recommend injecting CO2 into a Fluval as what you describe is a possibility.
Of course lots of people have reported doing this with Fluvals with no
problem, and Hagen may just be playing it safe, so take it for what it's
worth. I injected CO2 into a Fluval 204 for at least a year before
switching to using a Natural Plant System diffuser.

From experience, I would take the "expert" advice from a Hagen support
type with a grain of salt. Their modus operans is to get everybody to
follow what the instructions on the box says and nothing else in order
to prevent excess warranty claims.