Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Happy'Cam'per

Default here are my specs, how often should I dose ferts?

Hello Dave

I'm not Tom Barr, however, I do have some humble advice for you.
4wpg is an awful lot of light, you're growing Marijuana at the base of your
tank are'nt you?
There really is no need for so much light.
However, at 4wpg I would definitely start adding N.
Your fish load will not be supplying enough. In a 15 Gallon I would dose
traces 3 times a week.
Macros I would dose 3 times a week aswell. For ball park figures do this:
2 level teaspoons of KNO3, 2 level teaspoons Pottassium Chloride/sulphate.
Dash of Epsom Salts, Dash of crushed Dolomite if your water is on the softer
side. Mix all of this into 50ml distilled water. Each ml of this solution
will give you N at 3,5ppm and K at around 8ppm. Add 3-5 ml 3 times a week.
Also remember to add Phosphate at 10:1 ratio N:P.
Make sure your co2 is stable at +- 25ppm all day long.
And most important, 50% water changes once a week to reset the nutrients,
keep this up until you see the response from the plants then add or subtract
nutrients until near perfect HTH 8P
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
Hi! The following are my specs, how often should I dose?

15 gallon wide aquarium / 25-28ppm CO2 / 4wpg

I had 2.5wpg before and was dosing .6ml per day of traces and once a week

dose 2.5ml of K2SO4 with 50% water change. (Not dosing nitrate since my

fish
are supplying enough of that) Now I have 4wpg, should I be dosing the

K2SO4
twice a week but only 1.25ml doses? Should I increase my traces dosing or
dose that in bigger quantities less often during the week.

If Tom Barr could prefferrably answer these concerns that would be

awesome!!

Thanks alot!

Dave.